How to use Genius Playlist and Genius Mixes on iTunes
Want to have a personal DJ even without a professional DJ around? Just turn on iTunes Genius music service in your Mac or PC, and carry it anywhere with your iPad, iPhone or iPod. Genius service actually searches songs in your music library that actually sound great together.
To get started:
- Open iTunes application. If you don’t have iTunes installed, simply visit iTunes download then hit the download button.
- On the left sidebar, click Genius. You need an internet connection for it to work.
- Next, click Turn On Genius button.
- Sign in with your Apple or iTunes account. If you don’t have an iTunes account, go to the App Store, click Sign in on the upper right portion, then select I don’t have an account. Follow instructions afterwards.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions if you agree then click next.
- iTunes will now gather music information from your library and send it into Apple’s servers. When analysis is complete, Apple will send back your Genius results into your computer.
- Click Done.
To use Genius Mixes:
- Click Genius Mixes on the left hand side of the window.
- From there you will see your songs grouped together into different categories. Genius Mixes are based on genre, artists and others to create a list of songs that go great together. It is the best way to hear the songs you haven’t discovered.
- To hear a Genius Mix, hover your mouse cursor over the Genius Mix you want then click the play button. The album art of the current song is displayed in it.
- To play another song, click the next or back button on the Genius Mix panel itself or on the upper right controls.
- To play another Genius Mix, simply click the play button of another Genius Mix.
- To stop playing, click the Stop button.
To use Genius Playlist:
- Go to the song you like best and right-click. You may click the Genius button at the top (beside song name of the playing song) or at the bottom (lower left corner of the screen).
- Select Create Genius Playlist.
- The generated playlist will appear. You can select how many will appear in a playlist using a drop down menu on the upper right corner of the screen. You may refresh the list.
- To save a playlist, click Save. The program will save the playlist based from the song you have selected upon. The playlist will appear just below Genius Mixes.
You can create as many Genius playlists as you want. Genius Playlist will work like your regular playlists.
To rename a Genius Playlist:
- Click the playlist you want to rename then enter the name you want for it to be.
- Press enter button or click anywhere.
To sync Genius Mixes with your iPad, iPhone or iPod:
- Connect your device to your Mac or PC.
- Sync songs with your iTunes Library. Your Genius Playlist as well as Genius Mixes will be synced into your device. This will also enable your devices to create Genius Playlists on the go even you are away from your computer.
- Genius will not work if you selected “Manually manage music and videos” from your device summary tab.
- Only Genius Mixes will be synced on the 3rd and 4th generation iPod shuffle.
-from Apple Ads, videos and manuals